The following is an overview of some of the health supplements you should consider adding to your regime of diet and exercise, in pursuit of a generally more healthy way of living. Chances are, if you’re reading this, that you’re either the sort of person that is either already committed to maintaining your body in the very best of health or are at least determined to improve it. The main keys to having a healthy body are, of course, to eat a well balanced diet suitable to your levels of physical activity and, especially if you’re in a physically undemanding job or lifestyle – follow a regular program of exercise. However, regularly taking health supplements can help to both boost and reinforce all the good work that you are already doing by eating sensibly and exercising regularly.
Health supplements you can trust.
Quite simply the health industry is ‘big business’; and unfortunately ‘big business’ can attract some charlatans into it. So, just like in the ‘old west’ when the travelling salesmen would turn up with their miracle cures selling at only $1 a bottle – only for them to disappear by the following morning when everyone realized they’d been duped – if it sounds to good to be true, it almost certainly is. When buying health supplements over the internet you want to be assured that you are buying a bona fide product that’s not making some outrageous claim. Quite simply if you see a product advertising itself as the great panacea for ageing, arthritis or agoraphobia etc – chances are it isn’t. That’s not to say that there aren’t some excellent health supplements that you can buy to help with those conditions – just don’t expect them to be a miracle cure on their own.
Anti-ageing health supplements.
Let’s have a look in a bit more depth at anti-ageing supplements you can buy with complete confidence and trust over the internet. First of all the ageing process is inevitable and not something to be feared, much rather you should celebrate your maturity and passage into new phases of your life. After all you know what they say – you’re as old as you feel! Vitamins are one thing that you can buy as a health supplement over the internet with complete confidence. As we get older it can be important to top up our daily intake of vitamins to keep some of the possible effects of ageing to a minimum. For example, especially important if in an earlier stage of your life you had a poorer diet than you now have, taking vitamin D will help to reduce the risk of bone disease. As well as there being many health supplement foods and drinks another thing you should consider is taking the relevant anti-ageing mineral supplements. An example here would be Selenium. Although only required in minute amounts, Selenium works alongside vitamin E; and is widely accepted as being a major anti-ageing mineral health supplement. Selenium can help many different groups of people and for a range of differing health issues. However as an anti-ageing supplement it works by mopping up free radicals and other more toxic substances in your system. The last anti-ageing supplement we’ll consider at the moment is Collagen supplements. These can have beneficial effects beyond just helping to reduce the ageing effects of your skin. A collagen supplement can also help with muscle and bone tissue, as well as being acknowledged as having a positive effect in reducing arthritic pains.
Some other mineral supplements.
Like Selenium, mentioned above, these substances are all mineral health supplements that are essential for anyone to maintain a healthy body:
- Calcium is essential for good bone development and maintenance, as well as strong teeth and healthy gums. Working in conjunction with regular exposure to sunlight and/or vitamin D – a Calcium supplement will ensure that your bones, teeth and gums all remain healthy.
- Another mineral, Magnesium, can be lost from your body if you’re the sort of person to perspire a lot during or after exercise; also taking a diuretic will literally drain Magnesium out of you! The health supplement Evening primrose Oil is a good source of Magnesium, which could be just the tonic for you; especially if you have eczema or tendonitis or are just feeling generally drained.
- Apart from having very serious implications for anyone with kidney disease, low levels of Phosphorus in your body will, for example, make you feel weak muscularly and may leave you susceptible to infections. Anyone taking an antacid preparation or that drinks alcohol, even moderately, should look also into having a Phosphorus health supplement; as too should pregnant women.
- If anyone mentions Iodine as a health supplement, most people will already know that having adequate Iodine in your diet is essential to maintain a healthy thyroid gland. However, Iodine also helps us to feel active, which is always important in keeping ourselves healthy; and it can help to protect us against anemia. Iodine health supplements can be found in tablet and powder form. However, for people following a vegetarian diet getting an Iodine supplement through seaweeds is a good idea, as it also has high levels of the vitamin B12; which is often deficient in non-meat diets.
- Finally for this section we’ll consider Iron as a health supplement. Iron is another mineral essential to help us not becoming anemic and permanently tired or listless – as it is Iron that helps the blood to be well oxygenated. Although low levels of iron can possibly be more of an issue for women than men; anyone on a low-calorie diet or that has a lot of drinks with caffeine in them, especially at meal times, could well benefit from an Iron supplement.
Vitamins as health supplements.
Eating a well balanced diet can give you all the vitamins you need. However, all too often we can skip part of the fruit content in our diet and thereby miss out on some essential vitamins. Also, whilst fresh vegetables are another great source of vitamins, if they’re overcooked, then just about all their vitamin content is lost. You’ll no doubt have found other articles about the benefits of vitamin health supplements, especially regarding how individual vitamins work to keep the body healthy. By far the simplest way to ensure you’re getting the right doses of vitamins a day is to simply take one of the multi-vitamins, easily available from specialist health stores and various other outlets.
Buying health supplements.
If you buy any health supplement products over the internet you know you’ll be getting them at the most competitive cost possible, only a little above the wholesale health supplement price. When buying a health supplement, whether over the internet or from a High Street store, you must read the information that is in or on the packaging. Some health supplements might not be suitable for some people, for instance – those already on a particular medication for a known illness and pregnant women. Also, if the health supplement has a recommended dose – stick to it; as sometimes – too much of a good thing can be bad for you. If you’re in the position of having to regularly pay out for health supplements you might want to consider a special health insurance package like Medicare supplement insurance. A Medicare supplement insurance scheme can help you to both spread the cost, and ultimately to reduce the cost, of your health supplements.